Friday, October 31, 2008

I met with the staff of the AEP Programme today to present the Visual Literacy and Communication project. I think I hit on all of the key points regarding the aims of the project and the staff's role. They were receptive and mostly enthusiastic by the end of the meeting. Some of them had never used a digital camera before today, and their smiles have me feeling that the AEP students will enjoy digital photography as well.

I stayed back in the teachers' resource room and put together a 25 point photographic language slide show, complete with a few activities to keep things interesting. I am doing a 3 hour visual literacy workshop with the AEP staff on the 14th, and I guess having met with them had me focused on that task. I was highly productive, but it was somewhat foolish not to be working on the lesson plan for tomorrow's session with the Transition girls. Luckily, it turns out that there's a party at their house today smack in the middle of our session, so we're going to learn the basics of the camera and then document the party via experiential learning.

No comments: